These are a few ways of boosting the immune system that I use in practice and are very effective in maintaining a healthy immune system throughout the winter season!
- Vitamin D levels decrease during the winter months. Vitamin D is a powerful immune stimulant and is effective in reducing colds during the winter.
- Antioxidants! Vitamins A,E,C-take them all together as they work in tandem. Antioxidants help fight free radicals that damage your cells and weaken your immune system.
- Minerals- zinc and selenium are the 2 most important minerals for immune function, they will directly stimulate your immune cells
- Garlic capsules, garlic extract has anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-parasitic and anti fungal properties. It is very effective in preventing and treating chest infections. It acts as a great alternative to antibiotics in some cases.
- Mushroom extracts: Maitake, Shitake, Reishi- must be taken for a few months to stimulate immune function, they are so powerful they can help kill cancer cells. Mushroom extracts are very potent and very effective for boosting low immune function.
- If you happen to get a cold or flu start taking Elderberry Extract at the onset of symptoms. Studies have shown it can kill the Influenza A virus (flu).